Writing and Autobiography

As a writer I have learned so many skills to become a writer. In high school I used web diagrams and bullet points to create supporting details for my main ideas before I start an essay. This helped me a lot to start my rough drafts for my essays. I have learned to  make sure that I use proper punctuation, and grammar while doing it in MLA format (Modern Language Association) when doing my rough drafts and final drafts. One piece of work I loved was writing my goals essay in high school. This essay helped me achieve all of my goals through out my high school career and made me become a better writer. I have learned to revise your own work to make sure it makes sense. A lot of times I have made sentences that didn’t make sense but with the help of my teachers they helped me a lot with revision. I also learned that it is important to make sure you state your thesis in your introduction paragraph because your writing other paragraphs that support your thesis. When you finish your conclusion you should always re state your thesis in your essay.

After reading the article Demystify Writing Misconceptions I have learned a lot to become a better writer and student. It is very important to not procrastinate when assignments are due because your mind cant think right and you always rush in the end which normally results in a poor grade. Doing all assignments done with proper time management will help everyone to become a better writer. I will tell you this, when I was in high school I procrastinate multiple times but I have learned, that you should get things done early rather than last minute. Another piece I saw that was interesting was asking others for advice or help to help you get your assignments rather then just figuring it out on your own. Keeping your self organized for everything is very important, when comes to submitting assignments, homework, notes, etc. YOU DONT WANT TO SEARCH for your things if your unorganized.

Academic writing article gave me so much key information. The “myth” was a very interesting piece of information to know. One of them is writing pieces of your writing down even though there are gaps in between. I tend to make sure I have all information down first then writing it all. But this method I will try this semester and in the future on. I also think that it is good to make sure your on topic all the time and your not scattered around. Going off topic has happened to me in some writing situations. Proof reading is very very important when writing essays or in general because you want to make sure your make sense when an audience or reader is reading your work.

I am a person who can do both with writing, on screen or on paper. I tend to do both when doing assignments because I like to type first and then print it out n revision it with paper until I feel satisfied with my paper.

One thought on “Writing and Autobiography